Long awaited and finally came true: Ethiopia's first trade show since Corona, the 4th edition of agrofood & plastprintpack Ethiopia, was a great success
High exhibitor satisfaction ratings
This year, from 14 to 16 October 2021, exhibitors had come to Addis Ababa with rather low expectations due to Corona, many even stayed away altogether. All the more pleasing was the great interest in live business contacts of no less than 2,458 visitors and their interest in doing business with exhibitors from 9 countries representing a wide spectrum of the entire value chain.
The high satisfaction ratings on the part of exhibitors reflect this, as does the statement by Matthias Thienel of Destilla: "We were unsure what to expect due to the pandemic and the overall situation of the country, but our expectations for the exhibition were outmatched by far."
Speaking of exhibitor satisfaction, here are the amazing results of the survey: With agrofood & plastprintpack 2021 as a whole, 86% of exhibitors very satisfied or satisfied, 81% with the number of visitors and 76% with their quality. The question of whether exhibitors intend to participate in the next show, no less than 91% answered yes or probably.
After the great success of agrofood & plastprintpack Ethiopia 2021, others will certainly consider their participation again for 2022. And the good thing is, with dates of June 2-4, 2022, it's just around the corner and will stay back on its traditional June date from then on.
Until then, exhibitors and visitors can stay in touch via our brand new exportal. Exhibitors, and only they, can even access the profiles of all visitors here, filter by topics and interests, and stay in touch via videocall throughout the year.
The pavilions come from Germany, Italy, Russia and Turkey, the exhibitors are from Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Italy, Nigeria, Russia, Turkey and USA.
- The German Pavilion is presented by the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture, in cooperation with the Association of the German Trade Fair Industry AUMA. In addition to the information stand of the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, exhibitors like Buschhoff, Caisley International, Destilla, GGI-Spermex, Krones and Te So Ten Elsen Specht will display their products and solutions on their own stands within the official German Pavilion. Please see the exhibitors and their products & services.
- Italian exhibitors include Ave Technologies, Della Toffolla, Priamo Food Technologies and Z-Italia.
- Exhibitors in the Russian Pavilion supported by the Russian Export Centre showcase adapted solutions and technologies for the Ethiopian agrofood industry. Russian exhibitors include Geomir, IMT Group, Royal Cane and 10 Med.
- The Turkish Pavilion is again supported by the Ministry of Trade and features companies like Aves, Endülüs Krom, Intermak, Kombi Makina, Kozlu Gida, Kuatro, Milkman Makine, Özmermer Gida, Nadir Yag, Orkide (Küçükbay) and Seyhan.
We, the Özmermer family, started our work life with a small pita bread oven established by Hasan Özmermer, our esteemed elder, back in 1952. After more than 40 years of experience in pita, bread, francala and pastry production, we commenced flour production by establishing Özmermer Flour Factory in 1994 in order to obtain standard and high quality flour that will meet ours and our colleagues’ needs.
Ethiopia is one of the biggest countries in Africa with a huge demand. There are many opportunities to make business here. As a producer to be here is very important to introduce our company directly to business people.
At the show we met traders, wholesalers, exporters and importers, and we had productive meetings with many serious business people. It’s been our first time attending agrofood & plastprintpack Ethiopia, so we were not sure what to expect, but it's been a great experience so far.
Vice President - Özmermer Gida San. Ve. Tic. Ltd. Sti
Being an Ethiopian based company, we set out to target the local market within our first year of operations. We recognized the gap in the market for sustainable alternative packaging and glassware. With our upcycled glassware we aim to provide a turn key solution to local international businesses in the HoReCa, food & bev tec, manufacturing and retail sectors.
At the show we have met with a huge variety of quality visitors, so it has been a busy successful event to be a part of.
Founder - Alternativ Addis
Ethiopia is a country with large livestock populations. Animal identification and registration is emerging and can make important contributions to the efficiency and output of the livestock sector as well as to animal health and food safety. As a specialist in animal identification systems, we would like to follow and accompany these developments.
We were able to talk to many interested people, animal keepers and traders, and demonstrate and explain our products. We rate the quality of the contacts as quite good. Existing contacts and partners also visited us at the fair and took the opportunity to get acquainted with our identification devices.
It’s been our target to present our products to Ethiopian and neighboring interested parties and to look for potential partners who can cooperate with us and distribute our products in Ethiopia and other African countries. So far, we have gained further insights into the Ethiopian livestock sector and made interesting contacts. We look forward to further exchanges.
Sales & Marketing - Caisley International GmbH
Since its founding in 1969, Destilla has produced flavors and extracts of the highest quality. We’ve grown organically, continuously modernized our production processes and expanded our product portfolio.
Ethiopia is not only a country with great potential, but a hub for East Africa. We're setting up a lokal sales office in a first stage and want to establish local manufactoring mid to longterm.
We met locals from the whole food & beverage industry and are very satisfied with quantity & quality.
We were unsure what to expect due to the pandemic and the overall situation of the country but our expectations for the exhibition were outmatched by far.
Vice President - Destilla GmbH
Kombi Makina is specialized in design and manufacturing of machines and complete filling lines for the beverage industry for many types of products. Our head quarter is located in Istanbul.
Ethiopia and Turkey have strong relations and we are here already for 7 years. We received good quality customers in this exhibition, and we are satisfied. Our expectations were fulfilled.
Export Manager - Kombi Makina
Ethiopia has a huge potential because of the growing market and the population size. We as Krones aim to build long-term partnerships with our local branch office that opened in 2018.
The customers and visitors come from a diverse background of sectors. We are happy with everyone who took the time to meet us here at agrofood & plastprintpack Ethiopia. Even outside the beverage sector, we will partner with many visitors who are interested in our video yet printers.
Our expectations were met. We had good conversions and we are looking forward to participate in the future to network and build opportunities and long-standing partnerships on eye-level.
Deputy General Manager - Krones LCS Center East Africa Ltd.
Whilst Ethiopia is large in population terms its relative purchasing power is quite small. We are noticing that this is beginning to change. The market is demanding better quality solutions.
We are very much satisfied with the visitors quality. Participating is not just about meeting new potential customers but also understanding more about market trends and demands. We truly wish Ethiopian companies would participate at such events.
Our expectations have been met and exceeded. We will be back next year. Thank you!
Founder – Print and Frame
plastprintpack & agrofood Ethiopia enjoy the strong support of the following Ethiopian and international institutions
- Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Ethiopian Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical Industry Development Institute
- Food Medicine and Health Care Administration and Control Authority of Ethiopia
- Chemical and Construction Inputs Industry Development Institute
- DLG German Agricultural Society
- Embassies of Germany, France, Italy and Turkey
- German Federal Ministry for Food and Agriculture
- GIZ German Association for International Cooperation
- ITA Italian Trade Agency
- Kuwait PAI Public Authority for Industry
- NABC Netherlands African Business Council
- Turkish Ministry of Trade
- Turkish Exporters Assembly
- VDMA Food Processing and Packaging Machinery Association