Good news for exhibitors of agrofood Ethiopia: East and Central Africa’s largest economy is on the growth track as Ethiopia’s GDP is expected to increase from US$ 84 billion in 2018 to US$ 93 billion in 2019, US$ 96 billion in 2020 and US$ 92 billion in 2021. (GTAI)
Ethiopia’s GDP has thus grown more than tenfold between 2000 (US$ 8 billion) and 2018 and more than twelvefold by 2020. (World Bank) As a result, Ethiopia became one of the world’s fastest growing economies and an impressive investment destination in Africa.
And due to high and sustained investments and its enormous expected population growth from currently 115 million in 2020 to 200 million in 2050 (United Nations), it is all too likely that Ethiopia will expand its position as East and Central Africa’s largest economic player enormously.
According to the Ethiopian government, Ethiopia, until 2025, shall become the manufacturing hub of Africa, and its population shall achieve middle-income status. All this shall be reached within the framework of a carbon neutral economy.
Based on these upbeat market developments, plastprintpack Ethiopia is to continue its success story. Organised by the German trade show specialists fairtrade in cooperation with their Ethiopian partners Prana Events, plastprintpack Ethiopia is held in conjunction with agrofood Ethiopia, Ethiopia’s 4th International Trade Show on Agriculture, Food Processing & Packaging, Ingredients and Food & Hospitality.
Exhibitor community representing a wide spectrum of the entire value chain
The entire fairtrade & Prana Events team has prepared the 4th edition of agrofood & plastprintpack Ethiopia 2021 with a lot of dedication over the past months. Face-to-face meetings and the exchange of ideas leading to business – it is a fantastic feeling to finally be able to host international exhibitors and trade visitors again, and thus to provide the community with its platform for their business.
This year is not about reporting record numbers, especially as we have limited the space of the exhibition, because the safety of all participants has the highest priority.
But we have succeeded in creating a platform with a strong community so that exhibitors from 11 countries representing a wide spectrum of the entire value chain, and trade visitors from all over Ethiopia and neighbouring states can once again engage in conversation, tackle projects and work together.
The pavilions come from Germany, Italy, Russia and Turkey, the exhibitors are from Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Italy, Kuwait, Nigeria, Russia, South Africa, Turkey and USA.
- The German Pavilion is presented by the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture, in cooperation with the Association of the German Trade Fair Industry AUMA. In addition to the information stand of the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, exhibitors like Buschhoff, Caisley International, Destilla, GGI-Spermex, Krones and Te So Ten Elsen Specht will display their products and solutions on their own stands within the official German Pavilion.
- Italian exhibitors include Ave Technologies, Della Toffolla, Priamo Food Technologies and Z-Italia.
- Exhibitors in the Russian Pavilion supported by the Russian Export Center showcase adapted solutions and technologies for the Ethiopian agrofood industry.
- The Turkish Pavilion is again supported by the Ministry of Trade and features companies like Aves, Endülüs Krom, Intermak, Kombi Makina, Kozlu Gida, Kuatro, Milkman Makine, Özmermer Gida, Nadir Yag, Orkide (Küçükbay) and Seyhan.
plastprintpack & agrofood Ethiopia enjoy the strong support of the following Ethiopian and international institutions
- Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Ethiopian Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical Industry Development Institute
- Food Medicine and Health Care Administration and Control Authority of Ethiopia
- Chemical and Construction Inputs Industry Development Institute
- DLG German Agricultural Society
- Embassies of Germany, France, Italy and Turkey
- German Federal Ministry for Food and Agriculture
- GIZ German Association for International Cooperation
- ITA Italian Trade Agency
- Kuwait PAI Public Authority for Industry
- NABC Netherlands African Business Council
- Turkish Ministry of Trade
- Turkish Exporters Assembly
- VDMA Food Processing and Packaging Machinery Association