plastprintpack 2020: Ethiopia to expand its position as East and Central Africa’s largest importer
High sustainable investments and enormous population growth
The 4th plastprintpack Ethiopia in 2020 continues its success story
East and Central Africa’s largest economy is on the growth track as Ethiopia’s GDP is expected to increase from US$ 84 billion in 2018 to US$ 91 billion in 2019 and US$ 99 billion in 2020.
Ethiopia’s GDP has thus grown more than tenfold between 2000 (US$ 8 billion) and 2018 and would grow more than twelvefold by 2020. (World Bank) As a result, Ethiopia became one of the world’s fastest growing economies and an impressive investment destination in Africa.
And due to high and sustained investments and its enormous expected population growth from currently 112 million to 200 million in 2050 (United Nations), it is all too likely that Ethiopia will expand its position as East and Central Africa’s largest economic player enormously.
According to the Ethiopian government, Ethiopia, until 2025, shall become the manufacturing hub of Africa, and its population shall achieve middle-income status. All this shall be reached within the framework of a carbon neutral economy.
Sustained growth is also expected for the plastprintpack industry, so check out the full details on Ethiopia’s fast growing plastprintpack industry.
Based on these upbeat market developments, plastprintpack Ethiopia 2020 is to continue its success story.
plastprintpack Ethiopia is organized by the German trade show specialists fairtrade Messe in cooperation with their Ethiopian partners Prana Events, and it is scheduled for 03 to 05 June 2020 at the Millennium Hall in Addis Ababa.
The event is held in conjunction with agrofood Ethiopia, Ethiopia’s 4th International Trade Show on Agriculture, Food & Packaging Technology, Ingredients and Food & Hospitality.
Click on the images for impressions of the event
plastprintpack Ethiopia enjoys the strong support of the following Ethiopian and international institutions
- Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Chemical and Construction Inputs Industry Development Institute
- ACIMGA Italian Manufacturers Association of Machinery for the Graphic, Converting and Paper Industry
- adepta French Association
- AMAPLAST Italian Manufacturers Association of Plastics and Rubber Processing Machinery and Moulds
- Embassies of Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands and Turkey
- German Federal Ministry for Food and Agriculture
- GIZ German Association for International Cooperation
- ITA Italian Trade Agency
- NABC Netherlands African Business Council
- Turkish Ministry of Trade
- Turkish Exporters Assembly
- VDMA German Food Processing and Packaging Machinery Association
Review plastprintpack & agrofood Ethiopia 2019 - Reaching a new level
The visitor & exhibitor survey of plastprintpack Ethiopia 2019 confirms high satisfaction rates. Please check-out the Post Show Report for full details.
- With 153 global technology leaders from 18 countriesin 2019 compared to 57 exhibitors in 2018, the event became more than twice as large.
- Despite the introduction of an entrance fee of 80 Birr for non-professional visitors (donated to SOS Children's Villages Ethiopia by the organizers), the number of visitors increased by 20% compared to the previous event. From 2,673 in 2018 to 3,205 registered trade visitors in 2019. This has also significantly improved visitor quality.
- plastprintpack & agrofood Ethiopia 2019 was supplemented by conferences, presentations and panel discussions.
- With the 3rd edition, the organizers have succeeded a new level in creating a genuine trade show community.
- Not less than five official country pavilions were present this year, namely from China, France, Germany, Italy and Turkey. Germany and Turkey were in for the very first time with official national pavilions while China, France and Italy renewed and upgraded their pavilions.
- Strong international presence: The exhibitors come from Austria, China, Denmark, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Italy, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Malaysia, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and USA.
- Strong presence of international market leaders in plastics, printing and packaging
- The interactive plastprintpack and agrofood portals allow exhibitors and visitors to communicate and to arrange business meetings before, during and after the event, all year round.